Haig Housing aims to provide an excellent service to all who seek our assistance and we hope you are pleased with your experience. However if you feel that you haven’t received the service you expected, we’d like you to tell us where you feel we went wrong so we can improve and make amends; your opinion is important to us.


Whether you are a tenant of Haig Housing or member of the public who is dissatisfied with the service the Trust has given you, we would like to know more about your concerns.
Where possible, we deal with complaints as quickly, positively and fairly as possible. Straightforward complaints will be dealt with within 5 working days of being first report to the Trust.

If the complaint cannot be resolved within 5 days, they will be dealt with as follows:

  • Stage 1: Director of Corporate Services or Chief Executive ( complaint to be dealt with within 3 weeks of receipt)
  • Stage 2: Trustees of Haig Housing Trust (subject to scheduled meetings of Trustees)

To make a complaint to the Trust, please read our Complaints Policy and fill out the Complaints Form. Once the form is complete, please send it to:

  • The Corporate Director, Haig Housing Trust, Alban Dobson House, Green Lane, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5NS.

You can also submit the form via fax or scan by email to the Corporate Director:

If you require any assistance whilst filling out the complaints form, please contact the Trust on 0208 685 5777 or send an email through our Enquiry form.

If you prefer not to use our complaints form then please send us a letter or email, marking this clearly as an ‘OFFICIAL COMPLAINT’ and address it to the Corporate Services Department at the same postal address above or by email to enquiries@haighousing.org.uk. As well as describing what has gone wrong, please tell us exactly what you want us to do to put things right for you. This helps us to investigate your complaint properly.

Fundraising Complaints:

If your complaint is about our fundraising activities and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction using the process above, you can ask the Fund raising Regulator, the self regulator for fundraising in the UK, to consider it.

You can read the Regulator’s information about making a complaint here

You can submit your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator by:

  • Using the on line complaint form situated on the Fund raising Regulator website
  • Calling the Regulator on 0300 999 3407
  • Writing to Fundraising Regulator, 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH

Haig Housing Trust is a registered member of the Fundraising Regulator and we will abide by their decision. Please be aware that the Fundraising Regulator states that complaints should be made to them within two months of the organisation you are complaining about.

The Fundraising Regulator aims to acknowledge complaints within 2 working days of receiving them. If you do not agree with the Regulator’s final decision, there is no set process to appeal their decision, however you may request an external review if you can meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • If new material evidence is submitted after the Regulator has rejected a re quest to re-open an investigation. An explanation about why the previous request was rejected is required.
  • If there was a material defect in the process in which the final decision was made.
  • If there is an allegation that the final decision was manifestly unreasonable ( e.g. it wasn’t made sensibly in regards to all the relevant facts.

Full details of the Fundraising Regulator’s Complaints Process can be found here.