If you are thinking of doing some fundraising, you need to consider a few things that will keep you on the right side of the law – so here are the serious bits:
- Licences: Check with your local council to see what licences or permits might be needed for your event. As a general rule, you do not need a licence to collect money on private property but do check in your area, particularly if your event involves food and drink or raffles
- Insurance: Many venues insist on public liability insurance. You will need to prove that this is in place before you hold an event
- Risk Assessment: Many venues will want you to carry out a risk assessment. If you need help with this, please contact us
- Use of logos: generally, for any fundraising event, we will give permission for you to use our logo but please check with us first
- Health and Safety: Be realistic about what is achievable and make sure it is safe for all participants (you will have covered this in your risk assessment). Ensure you have adequate First Aid cover suitable for the size of the event. If you are unsure of anything, please contact us.