Paying Your Rent:

The methods of payment are determined by the Trust and, other than tenancies in Scotland, include the following:

  • At a Post Office counter using the Trust’s Rent Payment Card which records your payment on its Girobank Account.
  • Banker’s Standing Order – paying monthly in advance.
  • Send cheque to Alban Dobson House, Green Lane, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5NS on monthly basis. Please mark to the attention of the Income Team.

For more information, please read the Rent Information help sheet.

Please note that if claiming Universal Credit locally that Haig Housing is a Private Landlord and not a Housing Association.

If you have a question about your rent or face difficulties in paying, please contact the Income Team. Please see this flyer for contacts of other agencies which may provide help and advice.
020 8685 5777 (option 2)


Living Rent

Rents for priority qualifying beneficiaries should not exceed 28% of the net average household income in a local area for any Haig property.

To apply for Living Rent please download this form

Methods of rent payment

All rent payment must be made in advance. Rent is usually charged weekly, however in some cases is charged monthly.

You may choose the frequency in which you pay, however your account should always be in advance credit. For example if you pay monthly your account must be a month in advance.

1. Standing Order

You may pay your rent weekly or monthly via Standing Order. To calculate the correct monthly amount, multiply the weekly rent by 52 and divide by 12. EXAMPLE: £180.00 x 52 = £9,360.00 ÷ 12 = £780.00 every month

If you prefer to pay by this method, please contact the Income Team so that the appropriate form can be sent to you.

2. Online Payments

Rents can be made online through our payment service portal here—> ALL PAYMENTS

Please note you will need your unique reference number to register for this service.

3. By Phone with Debit Card

You can also pay over the phone using a Debit Card by contacting our Income Team on 0208 685 5777 (option 2)

4. Post Office

Payments can be made using your Payment Card at any Post Office in the UK. Payment can be by cash or cheque payable to “Post Office Counters Limited”.

5. Paypoint

Your payment card can also be used at any outlet displaying the “Paypoint” sign.

6. Local Housing Allowance (Formerly Housing Benefit)

Local Housing Allowance is usually paid every four weeks in arrears, by the Local Authority and should be requested to be paid direct to Haig Housing for your convenience and peace of mind.

7. Universal Credit Housing Element

Housing Element is usually paid monthly in arrears to the claimant. Any payments relating to your housing costs should be passed on immediately to Haig Housing.

If you need any help with making a payment or if you are having issues with payments, please contact the Income Team on 020 8685 5777 (option 2)