Office Closure – Service Restrictions
Daily Bulletin for Wednesday 2nd December 2020
MESSAGE BY TIM STOCKINGS, CHIEF EXECUTIVE
New local restriction tiers by area now apply and came into into force on 2 December. Further details about these and forming a Christmas bubble with friends and family between 23 and 27 December can be found below.
The coronavirus epidemic will continue to have an impact on our lives and how the Trust operates for the foreseeable future. Haig Housing’s Headquarters Office in Morden is closed with essential work being met by home-working. While we continue to operate this reduced service, we will nevertheless work hard to ensure that our services remain as close to normal as safely possible.
However, with an emphasis on personal safety, some things will remain different, at least until more is known about the virus and the various vaccines that the Government has bought, together with other treatments, are gradually rolled out to those who are assessed most at risk from later in December. In the meantime, we will continue to follow Government guidelines including those from the devolved administrations.
KEY POINTS TO NOTE
Alban Dobson House, Morden
- Alban Dobson House is now closed to visitors. Please contact us by phone on 020 8685 5777 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- We ask that you continue to make your rent payments so that we can continue our efforts to help our beneficiaries through these challenging times and to maintain your homes.
- If you have difficulty in paying you should confirm that you have applied for all the Government assistance that is available, noting that furlough and other payment support has been extended. When we emerge from the pandemic and more people can return to full-time working you should note that this support is likely to come to an end. If you have any concerns over meeting your rent you should contact our Income team without delay on 020 8685 5777, choosing Option 2, so we can offer you help, assistance and advice.
- If you are applying locally for Universal Credit, please note that Haig Housing Trust is a PRIVATE LANDLORD and not a Housing Association.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Please report all repairs by telephone to 020 8685 5777, choosing Option 1 or by email to email@example.com. Calls will take longer to answer; please be patient as we will get to all calls in turn. Emergency and Urgent repairs will be prioritised with others undertaken on a case by case basis.
- We will always respond in an emergency.
- Our out of hours service remains available fully for emergency or very urgent repairs only but please listen carefully to any pre-recorded messages.
- Estate visits by Housing Managers will be arranged on a one by one basis and will only be conducted on the door-step, observing safe distancing. Indoor visits will only resume once tier restrictions permit. These may vary in the devolved administrations. so check what applies to the area that you live in.
- All Haig Staff will maintain 2 metre social distancing and wear face coverings; we ask you to take the same precautions.
- We will inform you when stock survey visits recommence.
- Sign up of new beneficiaries will be assessed on a case by case basis while lockdown or other restrictions remain in force.
- Current Car Permits have been further extended to midnight on Wednesday 31st March 2021. We will advise in advance of this date when new permits are to be issued and with what mechanism.
- YOU SHOULD NOTE THAT NORMAL PARKING ENFORCEMENT CONTINUES.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
If you self-isolate
If you self-isolate after being instructed to do so or are following Government guidelines then please inform us without delay by telephone or email so that we can advise any contractor who may need to visit you.
General Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guidance - English
General Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guidance – नेपाली Nepalese
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILE MUCH OF THE ADVICE BELOW APPLIES TO ALL, SOME IS SPECIFIC TO ENGLAND ONLY. THEREFORE IF YOU LIVE IN SCOTLAND, WALES, NORTHERN IRELAND OR JERSEY PLEASE ALSO CHECK THE SPECIFIC ADVICE GIVEN IN THE NATIONAL SECTIONS BELOW.
YOU SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT NEW COVID RESTRICTION TIERS BY AREA CAME INTO FORCE ON 2 DECEMBER 2020.
Coronavirus - Government/NHS
Government - Full list of local restriction tiers by area from Wednesday 2 December 2020: here
Government - 23-27 December - Making a Christmas bubble with friends and family: here
Government advice on support for businesses incl for the self employed: here
Government winter campaign to manage coronavirus - Hand. Face. Space: here
Government legal requirement for all venues to now record contact details: here
Government advice on face coverings in education: here
Government advice on new payments for people self-isolating in highest risk areas: here
Government guidance on getting tested for Coronavirus: click here
Government advice on Coronavirus: click here
Government guidance for households with possible Coronavirus infection: click here
Government guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing: click here
Government advice on Coronavirus and domestic abuse: click here
NHS advice on Test and Trace: here
NHS advice on Coronavirus: click here
Public Health England: A simple guide to staying at home: click here
Every Mind Matters - Looking after your mental health at home: click here
Income Support Self-Employed
Government self-employment Income Support Scheme: click here
Extremely Vulnerable People
Government guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19: click here
Get Coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person: click here
Online educational resources for schools and parents to help children to learn at home: click here
Voucher scheme for schools to provide free school meals: click here
Veterans UK open for business but with some changes: click here
Veterans Gateway - Help if you have been affected by Covid-19: click here
To volunteer for the NHS: click here
Latest Scottish Government advice: click here
Ready Scotland - How to get and give help: click here
Welsh Government - general advice and information: click here
Welsh Government - how to protect yourself and others: click here
NIDirect information: click here
Northern Ireland Public Health Agency advice and information: click here
Jersey Government - General advice: click here
Jersey Government - health advice and information: click here
Obtain an NHS Isolation Note (in lieu of a GP Fitness to Work Note) for your employer: click here
MOTs due from 30 March 2020 - 6 month extension: click here
Driving licences expiring between 1 February and 31 August 2020 extended by 7 months: click here
Childline offers support to children or young persons where domestic abuse is happening in the home or within a relationship and is free to call on 0800 1111
The 24/7 National Domestic Abuse helpline, which offers support to victims and people affected by domestic abuse, is free to call on 0808 2000 247
Victim Support National 24/7 Supportline: 08 08 16 89 111
The Respect Phoneline provides confidential advice and support to help perpetrators stop being violent and abusive and is free to call 0808 802 4040
Men’s Advice Line (www.mensadviceline.org.uk) is a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic violence and those supporting them and is free to call on 0808 801 0327
Karma Nirvana (www.karmanirvana.org.uk) supports victims of honour based abuse and forced marriage and is free to call on 0800 5999 247 (Mon to Fri 9am–5pm)
Hour Glass (www.wearehourglass.org) challenges the abuse of older people in all its forms and is free to call on 0808 808 8141
Galop (www.galop.org.uk) provides an LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline and is free to call on 0800 999 5428